Thursday, March 26, 2009

WA6 draft 1

It’s a great day on the beach; so warm and sunny. This is my first time I’ve ever been to the beach. Usually, we just go skiing at this really cool and big house we own in Vail Colorado. We have to drive there and we live in Virginia. It’s so long; I usually just go to sleep on the ride there and back. This year, my parents told us that gas prices are too high so we have to go to some place close to home. We decided on Virginia Beach.
Mommy just told me that we could go get some ice cream! Oh no. she just met another teacher from the school she works at. My mom is a third grade teacher, I’m in second grade, I guess ill have her next year. Anyways, this is going to be forever. Everywhere we go, my mommy sees someone, even when we go to a gas station for a potty break. It ends up being an extra twenty minutes on our trip, because she runs her big mouth for so long. “I just want to get some ice cream, mommy. Hurry up; it’s so hot out here and I’m starving.” My mom; if I had to describe her in a few words, I would say chatter box, bubbly, and talkative. Man, my mom can talk. Oh my goodness. Look at that girl; she’s building a sand castle. I really want to build a sand castle. I’ve never been to the beach before, but I’ve heard they are so cool. My friend one time made a huge castle and said it was awesome! Hmmmm, maybe if my mom keeps talking to this lady I can sneak away and play in the sand… “Sally, I think Bobby is running away.” “Bobby, if you want to go play, you have to ask first.” “But mom, I tried but you just kept talking” (my mom interrupts me) “bobby sit down, I don’t want to hear anything more from you.” This was not fair. I was just trying to have fun. I wonder where my older brother, sister, and dad are. They left like thirty minutes ago. I bet they are off having fun, playing in the sand, and eating ice cream.
“Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, oh my gosh! Have you been in the water yet? It’s awesome: warm, and there are huge waves. We love the beach!” says my older brother. My sister told me that we could even go to the boardwalk later. I wasn’t really sure what that was at first, but then she told me it was a place where you can walk near the beach and there are all these stores and arcades and stuff. I responded with “anything is better than this, look at mom.” Our mom was still over there jabbering away.

No comments: