Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WA 5 Draft 1

It’s the day of the wedding. Why does this dress look so terrible on me? It must be a way to get back at me, her bridesmaid. Wait, how would she even know that I snuck into the bachelor’s party and kind of hooked up with her fiancé? “Come help me zipper this up Renee,” says the obnoxious bride. Man that should be me in that dress, not her. I deserve it the most. I would like amazing in it, when she just looks…average. I went and helped her put the dress on: perfect fit. But of course it was, Veronica gets everything she wants, and it’s always perfect. A maid of honor comes in and tells us we have to go down to the ceremony now. I, very lackadaisically, walk down. The bride walks down the isle. It almost goes as slowly and painful for me as a visit to the dentist office. I hate this. The whole time I only think to my self, that should be me up there, not her. She always gets everything she wants, and now even the perfect man, which whom I’ve loved for almost ten years now (longer than they’ve even known each other!) The bride and the groom walk up to the alter, and say their vows. The priest asks if anyone in the audience objects to this couple spending the rest of their lives together. I just, I couldn’t control my self, and I started sobbing right then and there, with everyone looking at me. I loved him too much to see him marry her. I jump out of my seat nearly bumping into everyone and everything around me. I burst out into a cry screeching “this isn’t fair! Joseph, I LOVE YOU! Please just give me a chance, its been almost ten years now, and this nincompoop is not right for you, I am.” And with that, he jumps down from where he’s standing with his almost wife, snatching is hands out of hers. Was he really coming for me? I knew it, he loved me! We ran out of the church singing and dancing, as happy as ever. The End.
Just kidding. That’s not exactly how it went down. See, I could never announce my undying love for him, not here, not ever. It just wouldn’t happen. While they were saying there vows I only thought to myself this scenario. Oh, how I wish this was true. For now, I guess I will just have to picture myself with the very amazingly perfect Joseph. And when I see them together, I will just have to bear it. I will not cry, I will not show any emotion, for I love Joseph too much to mess up his life; that just wouldn’t be fair to him. So, for now, I guess I will just keep these thoughts in my head, and when the time comes (which I hope is very, very soon) I can tell him how I feel, and that he should be with me, not Veronica.

1 comment:

Ms. Wiesner said...

You still have some grammar issues including usage of their, there, and they're, but this story has great voice. I feel like you just let the words flow and it worked.